Labour day quotes : The world celebrates 1st May as labour day or labor day (in the US and Canada). This day is also known as Mayday and International worker’s day.
Here you will find labor day quotes or labour day quotes of many Poets, Authors, and Philosophers other affluential personalities.
On the worker’s day, we can share these quotes and dedicate our friends and family and every working person who work hard to keep running the system, economy, and society.
Labour day quotes and Images
- Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience. _ George Washington
- By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day. _ Robert Frost
- The supreme accomplishment is to blur the lines between work and play. _ Arnold J. Toynbee
- For working people and union members, Labor Day stands for something special and profound. It’s a day to honor the deep commitment each of us has to serve the children we teach, the families we heal, and the communities we love. _ Randi Weingarten
- It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” _ Theodore Roosevelt
- We often miss opportunity because it’s dressed in overalls and looks like work. _ Thomas A. Edison
- All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence. _ Martin Luther King Jr.
- Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. _ Robert Louis Stevenson
- When you have a country that can boast that more than 95 percent of its eligible workforce is employed and pumping money back into the economy, that’s exceptionally good news, especially as we prepare to observe Labor Day. _ J. D. Hayworth
- Each year, Labor Day gives us an opportunity to recognize the invaluable contributions that working men and women make to our nation, our economy and our collective prosperity. It gives us a chance to show gratitude for workers’ grit, dedication, ingenuity, and strength, which define our nation’s character. _ Tom Perez
- A hundred times every day, I remind myself that my inner and outer life depends on the labors of other men, living and dead and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. _ Albert Einstein
- It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. _ Theodore Roosevelt
- I’ve learned from experience that if you work harder at it and apply more energy and time to it, and more consistency, you get a better result. It comes from work. _ Louis C.K.
- Labor Day is a time to recognize and reflect on that work, and for elected officials to recommit to the too-often ignored task of fighting to improve the lives of working families. _ Elissa Slotkin
- I’ve heard of nothing coming from nothing, but I’ve never heard of absolutely anything coming from hard work. _ Uzo Aduba
- If any man tells you he loves America, yet hates labor, he is a liar. If any man tells you he trusts America, yet fears labor, he is a fool. _ Abraham Lincoln
- If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all. _ Michelangelo
- Of all the American educational system’s problems, none is more severe than the academic year beginning before Labor Day. _ P. J. O’Rourke
- A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is a visible labor and there is an invisible labor. _ Victor Hugo
- Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don’t let anyone limit your dreams. _ Donovan Bailey
- Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work, one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it. _ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Though you can love what you do not master, you cannot master what you do not love. _ Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- The King Holiday is a celebration of many things – his pursuit of racial justice, his commitment to non-violent resistance, his belief in service and doing for others. But you might also call it the other Labor Day. _ Tom Perez
- The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. _ Vince Lombardi
- I believe that summer is our time, a time for the people and that no politician should be allowed to speak to us during the summer. They can start talking again after Labor Day. _ Lewis Black
- When you put a lot of hard work into one goal and you achieve it, that’s a really good feeling. _ Derek Jeter
- There is precious little hope to be got out of whatever keeps us industrious, but there is a chance for us whenever we cease work and become stargazers. _ H.M. Tomlinson
- School after Labor Day is now the law of the land in Maryland. _ Larry Hogan
- Every man is a consumer, and ought to be a producer. He fails to make his place good in the world unless not only he pays his debt but also adds something to the commonwealth. _ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Before the reward, there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy. _ Ralph Ransom
- As we celebrate Labor Day, we honor the men and women who fought tirelessly for workers’ rights, which are so critical to our strong and successful labor force. _ Elizabeth Esty
- Labor Day is seen as a day of rest for many hardworking Americans. _ James P. Hoffa
- Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar, all right? _ Michelle Obama
- Science has yet to isolate the Godiva Chocolate or Prada gene, but that doesn’t mean your weakness for pricey swag isn’t woven into your DNA. According to a new study of identical twins, it’s less TV ads or Labor Day sales that make you buy the things you do than the tastes and temperaments that are already part of you at birth. _ Jeffrey Kluger
- Everything is blooming most recklessly
if it were voices instead of colors, there would
be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. _ Rainer Maria Rilke
- Your friends will believe in your potential, your enemies will make you live up to it. _ Tim Fargo
FAQs on Labour day quotes :
Q: What do you say on Labor Day?
Ans: On Labor Day, you honor all those workers who have continued their country through their tireless work. All the quotes given here are for them. So be human and give respect.
Q: Is it proper to say Happy Labor Day?
Ans: Look, many may not say that Happy Labour’s Day. But if you think about it, you will realize that Labor Day is celebrated only for those who continue to look after their tireless work. So one day when we dedicate them, the smile on their face is all for us. So I personally say “Happy Labor Day”.
Q: Is Labor Day a good long weekend?
Ans: Labor Day is celebrated in the United States of America on September 1st. Therefore, since Saturday and Sunday are celebrated as holidays and Monday is also a holiday, Labor Day can be considered as a long holiday.
Q: How long ago was Labor Day weekend?
Ans: It was considered the United States Federal Holiday in the year, 1894. And since 1880, it has been known as Labor Day.
Q: Why is American Labor Day in September?
Ans: In 1889, an international socialist party and the Trade Union Federation proclaimed May 1 as a Labor Day commemoration of Chicago’s Haymarket Riot (1886). Five years later the President of the United States. Labor Day Grover Cleveland activists are uneasy about the socialist origins of the Labor Day law – the first public holiday in the United States has already signed to Canada, but has not yet followed suit.