We celebrate 1st January of every year as New Year day. On 31st Dec eve, everybody all over the world eagerly waits for welcoming the new year.
New Year quotes
- Resolution One: I will live for God. Resolution Two: If no one else does, I still will. _Jonathan Edwards
- “Hope Smiles from the threshold of the year to come, Whispering ‘it will be happier’…”_ Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, Do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever.”_ Neil Gaiman
- “In the New Year, never forget to thank your past years because they enabled you to reach today! Without the stairs of the past, you cannot arrive at the future!”_ Mehmet Muratildan
- “Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.”_Benjamin Franklin
- “May the New Year bring you the courage to break your resolutions early! My own plan is to swear off every kind of virtue so that I triumph even when I fall!”_ Aleister Crowley, Moonchild
- “I would say a happy new year but it’s not happy; it’s exactly the same as last year except colder. ”_ Robert Clark
- “The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes.”_ G.K.Chesterton, A Chesterton calendar
- “What do you need in the New Year? You need a dream; your dream needs action, and your action needs right thinking! Without right thinking, you can have only unrealized dreams!”_ Mehmet Muratildan
- The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.”_ Melody Beattie
New Year wishes
- Sing and dance and make good cheer, let’s make it last throughout the year!
- Let us look back at the past year with the warmest of memories. Happy New Year.
- May the New Year start with fresh joys and a life filled with peace. May you get warmth and togetherness and prosperity too. Happy New Year!
- Happy New Year! Although we may be far apart, you are always in my heart.
- May the new year bring you warmth, love, and light to guide your path to a positive destination.
- Nights will be dark but days will be light, wish your life to be always bright – Happy New Year.
- Happy New Year! Although we may be far apart, you are always in my heart.
- As the sun sets on another year, I wish you a great company and good cheer.
- As the new year dawns, I hope it gets filled with the promises of a brighter tomorrow. Happy New Year!
- Out with the old, in with the new: may you be happy the whole year through. Happy New Year!
New Year quotes for friends
- Remember when we were young and wanted to stay up for New Year’s? Now we are old and all we want to do is sleep.
- Last year we got older and slower but we had a good time. Let’s make sure we do the same in this New Year.
- Happy New Year friend. I hope you saved some champagne because I’m going to need some drinks all year.
- Knowing you has been a master class in true friendship. During the New Year, I hope to emulate your love and warmth. Wishing you a very Happy New Year.
- Happy New Year wishes to my dearest friend. All I treasure is our friendship and wish you find the coming year as wonderful as our friendship.
- Our friendship is ever cheerful. Thanks for being with me all these years. Wish you all the joy and happiness in the next year.
- This year may we continue to share the genuine friendship that adds happiness and warmth to even the most mundane days.
- Nothing can weaken our friendship. The more years we spend together, the stronger our friendship will become. Happy new year!
- Happy New Year! Best wishes to my beloved friend for a wonderful year ahead. Though we’re miles apart, you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
- Life is full of ups and downs but thanks to you guys, I can never feel down. Thanks for being my support. I love you so much, Happy New Year. May God bless you.
Funny New Year wishes
- Every New Year’s I have the same question: “How did I get home?” _ Melanie White
- Wait for a second, there’s another year? Do I have to do it all over again??? _ Jake Vig
- An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. _ Bill Vaughan
- Every New Years I resolve to lose 20 pounds, and I do. The problem is that I gain 30. _ Melanie White
- Every New Years I celebrate making it through another holiday season without killing my relatives. _ Melani White
- A new year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.
- Women get a little more excited about New Year’s Eve than men do. It’s like an excuse: you drink too much, you make a lot of promises you’re not going to keep; the next morning as soon as you wake up you start breaking them. For men, we just call that a date. _ Jay Leno
- This New Year I resolved to lead a better life. Now all I have to do is find someone who will trade lives with me. _ Melanie White
- Who has time to party on New Year’s Eve? It takes me all evening to set my clocks ahead a year. _ Just Bill
- 10…9…8…7…6…I think we should see other people…5…4…3…2…1… _ Jake Vig
Romantic New Year quotes
- Once a boyfriend, now a husband. Happy New Year to the man I love dearly.
- Nothing prepared me for this moment. Happy New Year to the most important person in my life.
- You have made me so happy. You did that when you promised to spend the rest of your life with me. Happy New Year.
- You are so beautiful that you look like the best work of art God ever did! And, best of all – he gave you to me!
- Every night my thoughts drift to you, Every second my heart beats for you, With you, every moment seems so new. Happy New Year my Love!
- You are the yin to my yang. We complete each other. Happy New Year to the person who brings out the best in me.
- I can’t wait for the moment I see you on New Year’s Eve. I have something special to tell you.
- Here’s my New Year gift for you: my heart wrapped with an undying love for you. I hope you will treasure it for years to come!
- There is nothing in this world that can weaken my love for you. I am yours till the end of time. Wishing you a year full of love!
- I was so busy loving you that I barely noticed one more year has been spent. The happy new year my love! Wish you all the happiness in this world!
- A candle may melt and its fire may cease, but my love and passion will always be burning steady for you — New Year and always.
New Year quotes for Parents
- The most pleasant moment of this holiday season is that we all meet again at our parent’s house with the smelly cooks of our mother! Happy New Year!
- To dear my mother, I send the heartiest new year wishes to you. Celebrate the new year with much celebration and ado and make good resolutions for a better experience this year.
- Dear parents and grandparents, I wish you a happy and prosperous new year. I hope you have love-filled moments this year and each day is an occasion to cherish in the new year.
- Dear mother in law, I wish you a happy and prosperous new year through the new year SMS 2018. I hope your new year be more fulfilling and happier and you have lots of lovely moments to cherish.
- I send my love and heartiest greetings to my parents in the new year. Let this new year bring much love in your lives and I would soon join you for the new year celebration.
- Dear father in law, wishing you a happy and prosperous new year. I send my love and gifts for you and pray you to have a happy and healthy year ahead always.
- Happiness and prosperity are the two things that only matter to me being a member of this blessed and beautiful family. May we all have a Happy New Year!
- The only thing that I wish to remain unchanged for the New Year is only you, my family!
- May the New Year bring to our family and home new opportunities, new hopes, new achievements and a couple of new members! Happy New Year!
- It’s hard to believe that another year passed so quickly! I’m happy that we spent it together under our family’s safe shelter. May 20** bring us the love that we need!
- Wishing my father a happy and prosperous new year. I look forward to celebrating the new year with you in a feast and joyous celebration.
- Wishing lovely grandparents a happy new year. I am sending gifts for you and hope you like them as a gift token for a happiness filled year.
FAQs on New Year quotes :
Q. Why do we celebrate the New Year?
Ans: Julius Caesar created the Julian Calendar in 46 B.C, which set the New year on 1st January. Before that March marked as the beginning of the year.
Q. Is it New Years or New Year?
Ans: New year is a noun form that’s why we write is as New Year but when we denote the evening or day of New Year, we tell it as “New Year’s Day” or “New Year’s Eve”.
Q. Why is January first the New Year?
Ans: In 46 B.C Julius Ceasar announced January as the beginning of the year. From then we consider January 1st as the first day of the year.
Q. Who invented New Year?
Ans: Roman dictator, politician Julius Ceasar invented New Year.
Q. What the New Year will bring quotes?
Ans: New Year will bring new hope with love, prosperity, and all of your wishes come true.
Q. How do you wish someone a Happy New Year?
Ans: May you have a blissed New Year with your lots of loves and prosperity.
Q. What do you say when someone wishes you Happy New Year?
Ans: It’s your decision only. If anyone say Happy New Year you can simply tell them Happy New Year to You too or you can send him a beautiful quotes that make him/her smile on the face.